Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Creative Speculation...

I was just thinking about this coming presidential election. There's a lot of clout about Obama- how the muslims say he's one of them, how Europe loves him, and some people jokingly refer to him as 'Obamessiah'. I've never been clear why I'm against Obama I just instinctually think voting for him is not right.

So it got me thinking..

What if Obama is the one who brings peace to the world? I mean he could be the guy who the Jews AND the Muslims listen to for an actual peace process in the middle east. Two presidential terms is 8 years, so what if by the 7th year an assassination attempt is attempted on him? Since he's done so much to 'repair' the world people all over the globe fear for his death and then near the edge of his mortality he survives, and 'resurrects' as it were... He did come from humble beginnings, much like Jesus did as the son of a carpenter.

See what I'm getting at here?

What if during the last few years of his presidency he does something, by no ill will of his own, to bring about the apocolypse? Who says the final Antichrist will be so overtly evil like Hitler? Maybe he's just a good person who is taken advantage of by evil as a vessel to do things that seem good and just at first but as they develop, prove to be something diametrically opposed?

I know this is right on the edge of the most tin foil hate speculation you could get, but I've never had a good vibe for voting for him, not that I think he's 'ooo evil' but just something else. I decided to think a little creatively and apply my faith and see what happens.. you know, this next presidential term ends just a month before 12-21-12- the Mayan Apocolypse. Food for thought...

1 comment:

Nick said...

I see where you're going with that. I think that, however, Evil can take control of anyone. Since we do not know exactly whom evil has in mind for this endeavor, are those that might vote for Obama or be on the fence, not vote for him simply because of what MIGHT happen? The question then becomes, should a person set aside the policy initiatives and ideology of a person they're voting for or might vote for simply because of a shot-in-the-dark assumption that Evil has decided to use one leader over another? I know where I'm goin' when I die. Between now and then, I'm going to vote for who I believe has the right policies and can get the job done.

But those are some interesting observations! Only time will tell.