Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some Exposure

My art for Project Cosmos finally premiered on Wired.com today. It wasn't what I thought it would be. The art I gave them to replace the one they wanted to use was never posted and they added the one that I offered to replace. Plus, they didn't add the link to my Project Cosmos website, so I kinda feel like I wasted my time trying to rush that site out the door in under a week.

I was included with a group of very talented artists, and most of them had amazing illustrations. The piece of my art that was added is just a conceptual painting, no background or anything and I feel it's going to be shoved down a peg by the nicer illustrations. I don't want people to think that that is all I'm capable of. I hate when my public image is slanted and I only have a partial amount of control over it.

It must totally sound like I'm shitting all over Wired. I'm not. I'm gratefull they chose me, and an artist is their own worst critic, but I'm just irritated that I thought what was going to happen, what I was expecting, didn't materialize.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.

No comments: