Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sushi night

Yeah ever since one of my good friends introduced me to sushi it's been one of my favorite cuisines. If I go out to eat I generally don't care if I'm with company or not, but sushi is entirely another matter- it's magical. Yes, eating sushi is like being transported to another dimension where the air is sweet, the sun smiles back at you, bunnies bounce about happily and posies sing sweet music that gives you butterflies. I just can't eat sushi alone. There's a first for everything though. Yesterday (wednesday), I was so starved for sushi but I couldn't find anyone to go with me (biatches!!), so I had to settle for a measly turkey sandwich and I sulked in my thinmints cursing my friends under my breath as my usurped appetite cried in pain. Tonight I just couldn't take it; my willpower was undone. I said screw it (it was closer to the f-bomb), and I decided to go by myself.
MMM sushi. In that first bite I was transported to that happy place, the sun greeted me hello and posies sang in my arrival. I ate like a fucking pig.

Here's the rap sheet...
1 Halbut
1 Eel Roll
1 Kappa Roll
1 Volcano Roll
1 Dragon Roll
1 Hamachi
1 Edamame
1 Ca. Roll
1 Rainbow Roll
(the last two I ordered after I finished the rest because I wasn't finish yet.)


$ 76.00

cha-ching!!

add in the insanely hot and sexy waitress tip for being nice, prompt, and well, fucking fine.

$ 12.00

Total
$ 88.00 bones

Finally eating sushi?
$ Priceless

1 comment:

Dana said...

The good thing about being forced to eat sushi alone (which I have also only done once) is that you can sit at the counter and watch the Sushi Chefs, who usually like to entertain you... so you don't notice the absense of said loser friends. :P

PS: I can't believe you ate that much sushi. I would have liked to have seen a pic of your smiling face at a table completely covered in fish!