Monday, March 31, 2008

Fucking hell...

This weekend was going alright until about, oh, 4:00pm today. It then took an immediate nose dive straight into the ground, and just didn't stop.

Basically, I was driving behind an SUV, around 80 feet and we were doing about 70mph. There was some road debris up ahead but I didn't see it because of mammoth SUV in front of me. Well the clearance of the SUV allowed it to cruise right over the obstruction but my car is quite low to the ground, I ended up hitting it. Yes, you are saying, "why didn't you just dodge the obsticle?" Well given that I'm about 80 feet from the SUV and we're doing around 70-75mph that gives me, like just under one second to react and do something, which is pretty much impossible. By the time I saw the debris and realised it was way too big to just drive over it had already mangled the lower front of my car. I pulled over and inspected the result. Pretty much the whole lower portion of the car is was totalled. The splash guard was bend backwards pretty badly and the nose of the car was completely smashed. I drove about half a mile with the car like that but the splash guard was acting like an air scoop and it began to skid on the pavement. Fearing it would tear off and cause even more damage I pulled over.

Coming to the fast realization that my car was pretty much not going anywhere and that I was in the middle of BFE with mountains all around me, I pondered if i could even get a cell signal- which I couldn't... wonderful. There are santa anna winds blowing and at around 430-5 it was already feeling like 40F with the wind. I remembered that I had Onstar and thanked myself that I was smart enough to actually have it. It works off a satellite phone instead of a cellular network so getting someone to talk to was easy. After some conversation I a tow truck was sent out to get me, but it's ninety minutes out AND they are going to tow me back to the nearest Pontiac dealership that's in EL CENTRO. It's in completely the opposite direction I want to be heading. Fucking great. So, the tower finally shows up and it's like 730 now, the temperature is nearing about 30F and I still am beside myself that this shit has actually happened to me.

So we get back to El Centro and the Pontiac place is closed with a minimal crew there. It looks like they have a garage but I don't know if they have a body shop, so I have to call them tomorrow morning to find out WTF is going to happen to my car that is now 130 miles away from me in some town that I've visited by driving through it.

Plus, my other car, the Celica is sitting in the parking lot at LAX because my friend who I rented it out to flew to New York. I can't believe the amount of shit odds that had to all coelesce together for tonight to happen. I mean, I didn't trade in my Celica for reasons JUST LIKE THIS. And now I don't even have access to it. Plus I to figure out how I'm gonna get a rental because I'm not sure if I have that on my insurance. As for the repairs on the car, well, it's probably going to be at least a month for it to be fixed, and while it is under warranty I'm not sure running into shit on the road falls under it; although I know I have an extended warranty thingy so maybe I might actually have some grace and the dealership will pay for it... *knocks on wood*.

*sigh* I can't believe this shit. My Celica hit road debris too once and fucked it up just like this car is fucked. I mean I can dodge car accidents but appearantly inanimate objects are just attracted to my vehicles like magnets. I'm so pissed at myself.

I mean if I had just left a half hour later to go home someone else would have hit that crap and I'd be home on time instead for 5 hours late. Eh, I can play 'shoulda-coulda-woulda' all night but that fact remains that my car is fucked and 2 hours away from me... I am so pissed you have no idea...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hawt! You're tallent sickens me Nate. Keep it up :)